Tuesday, January 24, 2012

hotel label collection

hotel label collection

I love hotels that have something unique.
I'm not talking about stars.
Entering the room and feeling at home.
I don't mind to pay a little more to stay in a good mood room.
A cool hotel room is worth a lot to me.
I think a neat hotel makes your city trip complete.
Not only abroad but also as a 'break' in the Netherlands.
Stay overnight for just one night with good food and breakfast for me is like a mini-vacation.

Here are some of the favorite places I've stayed!
(in random order)

1. Michelberger - Berlin www.michelbergerhotel.com/
2. Lloyd hotel - Amsterdam www.lloydhotel.com/
3. Villa Augustus - Dordrecht www.villa-augustus.nl/new/index-flash.html
4. Mama Shelter - Paris www.mamashelter.com/
5. The Praktik - Barcelona www.praktikhotels.com/
6. Story Hotel - Stockholm www.storyhotels.com/
7. Hotel New York - Rotterdam www.hotelnewyork.nl/index.php/nl/home
8. Boulevard Leopold - Antwerp www.boulevard-leopold.be/
9. Tentenhotel Les Ormes - Villeréal campinglesormes.com/
10. Hotel Bazar - Rotterdam www.hotelbazar.nl/

It may be obvious, such lovely hotels happen to have funny 'do not disturb labels'. Here's my hotel label collection.

7 comments:

  1. wat leuk Ingrid dat je Les Ormes op je hotel lijstje hebt staan. Wij zijn daar meerdere malen geweest en bekenden van de oude eigenaar Niels Aben. De camping is een aanrader voor mensen met kleine kinderen en een zwak voor wonen. De huizen voor op de camping zijn ook te huur. Maar dit hebben wij nog niet geprobeerd.
    Het Michelberger hotel in Berlijn en Mama Shelter in Parijs staan ook op mijn lijstje!
    Gr. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. De SS-Rotterdam is ook een aanrader

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to see Villeréal on the list. It's not often I see my home town mentioned on a blog. Glad you enjoyed your stay there. I have only recently discovered your blog but am really enjoying it and love the stools. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree. The quirky ones are often the most memorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this! Such a great idea and lovely memories :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaja, heel herkenbaar! Een hotel moet fijn zijn, met een goede sfeer (en lekker eten!) dat is al de helft van mijn vakantiegevoel. Nu je het zo schrijft, ik wil ook weer eens een nachtje weg! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    found your blog via Concept 2012 and saw your stools which I´ve seen somewere before, probably in a Swedish interior magazine? I really think their cute!
    I saw this post about your favourite hotels and since we seem to have the same taste I can recomend you to have a look on my blog under "Cool Hotels"! Enjoy.
    www.vararum.se/blog

    Anna

    ReplyDelete