Tuesday, November 8, 2016

ginkgo mania

ginkgo in the frontyard ginkgo in the frontyard ginkgo in the frontyard ginkgo in the frontyard ginkgo in the frontyard

Fell in love with our Ginkgo tree in the frontyard this week (again).
Every year in november I'm surprised by it's golden glow and brightness and excited by the ginkgo tree we planted 12 years ago when we moved in.

Last year I've dried a whole lot(!) of yellow ginkgo leaves in a heavy book. I had to restrain myself not to keep all the leaves, because they were are all differently shaped and too pretty to throw away the organic waste bin.

This season I will try to leave the golden carpet on the ground as long as possible and stop myself from collecting the leaves...

The Ginkgo Biloba or Japanese walnut tree was the favorite tree of Goethe. In Japan they honor the tree as a god; it symbolizes hope, love, magic, timelessness and longevity and is nicknamed temple tree.

1 comment:

  1. I just fell in love with your ginkgo tree, too. Your blog always adds some color / brightness to my day, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete